Carnival Cruise Line’s CHEERS! program is an all-inclusive beverage program that Carnival passengers have the option of buying when taking a cruise on one of Carnival’s Funships. What is this program all about? Let’s break it down so you can determine if it is worth buying for your next cruise.
First of all, passengers must be 21 years or older to purchase CHEERS! and if one guest purchases it, every adult in the same stateroom must also purchase it. Sharing drinks is not allowed. The program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hours (6:00 am – 6:00 am) and there is a 5 minute wait time when ordering drinks. Non-alcoholic drinks are unlimited. A complete list of drinks included can be found a few paragraphs down.
The cost is $49.95 per day (must be purchased for the entire length of the cruise, can’t buy it for just one or two days) plus 15% gratuity if you pre-purchase it before your cruise. Once on board the ship, the price goes up to $54.95 per day, plus 15% gratuity.
For cruises out of Galveston and New York, Carnival is not allowed (due to state laws) to sell the CHEERS! program until the second day of the cruise. On the following Carnival Horizon cruises in Europe, the CHEERS! package is subject to a 10% Value Added Tax (VAT): 4/02/2018, 4/15/2018, 4/22/2018 and 4/29/2018.
What beverages are included in the CHEERS! program?
- All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and wine (and Champagne) by the glass, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving
- Zero-Proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies), sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices
- Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
- RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea
- 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
- Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
- 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving
- 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants
- 25 percent discount off beverage seminars and classes
CHEERS! is not offered on two day cruises, charters, and cruises from Australia.
The CHEERS! program is only good while on the ship, and is not offered when stopping at the private islands (Half Moon Cay and Princess Cay).
Applicable state and local taxes will be charged to the guest folio when this program is used within US waters. The tax is based on the state’s tax structure and the cost of the individual drink purchased (not the daily program rate). For example: if the drink price is $5 and the tax is 10%, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged $0.50 for tax. This applies to all US ports (embarkation home ports and ports-of-call).
For those guests who pre-purchase CHEERS!, it will be activated upon boarding the ship (except for ships sailing from Texas and New York). Guests will receive a note in their stateroom advising them to go the bar to receive their sticker which is placed on their Sail & Sign card. In the event guests do not go to their stateroom, once the Sail & Sign card is swiped, it is flagged and the bartender will provide the sticker. For ships sailing from Texas and New York, CHEERS! will be activated at 6:00am on the second day of the cruise.