1) Lexington Lions’ July 4 carnival: Hastings Park, intersection of Worthen Road and Massachusetts Avenue, Lexington. Come one and all to enjoy five days of fun, courtesy of the Lexington Lions Club. Food, games, rides and prizes will all be available; proceeds fund Massachusetts Lions Eye Research. 6-11 p.m., June 30; 1-11 p.m., July 1-3; 1-6 p.m., July 4. Fireworks will be launched Monday July 3, after dusk. Youth games will be held Tuesday July 4 at 10 a.m. Unlimited ride days: 6-11 p.m., July 2; 1-5 p.m., July 3 and 4. Information and volunteer opportunities: lexingtonlions.org/4thofjulycarnival.cfm
2) Business After Hours: 5:30-7:30 p.m. June 29, Aloft Lexington, 727 Marrett Road. The Lexington Chamber of Commerce will host a Business After Hours event. For information: http://lexingtonchamber.org/events/details/business-after-hours-aloft-4573.
3) Summer SAT Prep: July, Lexington High School, 251 Waltham St. Week-long, morning classes are again sponsored by Lexington Community Education: Writing and Language/Essay — July 3-7; Reading — July 10-14; Math — July 17-21. Cost: $200 per class. Scholarships available. To sign up: 781-862-8043.
4) Lex Eat Together: 5:15-6:30 p.m. July 5, Church of Our Redeemer, 6 Meriam St., Lexington. Lex Eat Together offers a weekly dinner in the heart of Lexington for anyone in need of a meal or companionship. Their mission is to provide a setting which respects privacy and dignity. All are welcome to this community event. For information: https://lexeattogether.org.
5) Veterans’ Breakfast: 7-8:15 a.m. July 5, Veteran Breakfast, 1845 Mass. Ave., Lexington. Lexington VFW welcomes all veterans interested in being more active in our community. Each month, they add a veteran topic of interest to the breakfast menu. In addition, VFW shares how veterans benefit from being members of veteran organizations including the Veterans of Foreign Wars. The local VFW now offers a full-year membership reimbursement to qualifying members granted on the anniversary of their first year, and VFW pays for the new member’s breakfast. Space is limited and registration is required. Participants must register 24 hours in advance by calling 781-862-6642 or sending an email to Stevenwightman@gmail.com.